Pages

reading fun

I think it's safe to say that mr. and I share a passion for books.  I love libraries, bookstores, friend's bookshelves and usually anywhere where there's books to flip through.  We don't get to the library as often as I would like, but when we do, it usually takes up quite a chunk of our day. In between visits, we have plenty of books at home most of which I've collected for quarters at yard sales and the thrift store.  I like to rotate books in and out of their space and keep baskets in different places around the house to make it accessible and fun vs. overwhelming.

Last week, we took the trip to the library and spent a few hours there.  It was fun to see how the boys are developing their own interests in learning more about this big wide world through books.

N is a strong reader and now it's my challenge to find books that are interesting for him but are also age appropriate. I tried the Boxcar Children and ended up having a discussion on where the parents of the children went.  His most recent fascination seems to be with dinosaurs.  Just in case you're interested, I've recently learned that if you scrambled a dinosaur egg, you could feed 36 people!



The little guys don't read on their own, but they do sit and make up fascinating stories based on the pictures.  Usually, everyone in the family is represented in the story and there's lots going on.  Truly, their imagination impresses me.

serious perusers

sad faces when i told them they had to put some back





3 comments:

susan said... Best Blogger Tips

i always loved going to the library as a child. there is just something about being a kid and literature. I always went for the books on tape. [I still have a half written post from when dhara was 3 months old and I took her to the library! there are a couple entertaining photos in that one. she enjoyed looking at all the colorful cook book bindings.]

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

nice post.
-benj

Handbags*and*Pigtails said... Best Blogger Tips

we're the same way. We recently cleaned out our overwhelming collection of books so as to actually make it a goal to read through the ones we kept and challenge the girls to go beyond, read more difficult books. I figured with the library literally down the road we can just go there once we need a bigger selection:)
Love the pics of the boys!
Sarah