Pages

The most wonderful time of the year


I love this time of the year for so many reasons.   Slowing down, family, cool mornings and hot drinks (which have been somewhat hard to come by here in Florida), and the whole world (aware or not) remembering that the Savior has come. 

We took the afternoon off from school and had a little tree decorating party ... just the kids and I.


We put on some holiday music - Jill Pearson's Christmas cd, The Herald is my favorite.  


Made some special snacks.

Dug out the stash of Christmas boxes.

I helped string the lights and garlands and then let the kids have at it.  They chose whatever ornaments they wanted and put them as high as they could reach.  They stopped along the way to chat about the ones they had created, munch on the yummies, and of course play legos.


They are still decorating, they say.  So, I'll leave everything out for another day.  I better add a few things to the top boughs so that no little monkeys will be tempted to climb the tree and do it themselves. 

I'm guessing it's not going to be magazine worthy, but I'm hoping it will make memories.  That's what I'm going for.

0 comments: