Pages

a colorful quilt for baby harper

I am so excited that this is finished (before baby Harper turns one)!  Harper was born in April and her mommy and I did a Bible Study together this past year and will be leading another one together next year.

I started the quilt with the colors of Harper's baby room - pink, red, white, and blue.  I decided to step out of my comfort zone and pick some really vibrant colors for this sweet baby girl.  I have to say that it was quite fun to do, and I am pleased with the result.


Truth be told, this really counts as my very first quilt.  Well, at least the first one that I've gone through all the official steps - piecing, batting, quilting, and binding.   This one didn't have a batting.  So, here are the details... and wouldn't you know I forgot to measure it!

I used a cotton batting that's a really nice weight.  I decided on a gray cotton for the back.  I thought that would be a good way to tone it down, if needed.  I quilted it with straight lines; the simplicity of which really appeals to me.  And, I can't tell you how much fun it was to take it out of the dryer and see the crinkly-goodness of the fabric shrinking around the stitches.  And there it was, a comfy, snuggly quilt.  Like magic!


I do feel a little bit bad that I've never made one for the boys.  They kept trying to sneak it off my sewing table and snuggle with it.  Maybe we should put that on the list.  I would love to make one for each of them to have on their beds.  One day....

But for now, I'm glad to have this one off to baby Harper.


4 comments:

TheWayFamily said... Best Blogger Tips

Didn't know you had talent in this area! Great job for the first time around. Hope you make more.

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

So impressed! It is indeed quite beautiful and snuggly!!!

Cassandra Louise said... Best Blogger Tips

AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Like magic is right! Takes my breath away, this is a absolutely beautiful quilt. I love the colors and the straight line pattern. You are very talented Faith.
-Betty (Arthungal)